10.07.2004

Sleep Lover

One of my favorite hobbies (if you want to call it that) is sleeping. Back in my earlier school years, on weekends, I would sleep a good 12-14 hours waking up at about noon. On weekdays I would get a good 8-9 hours in and take afternoon naps. I found that during these years, I have never pulled an all-nighter except when I had a little party towards the end of high school (parents were out of the country). Once I tried to pull an all-nighter to study for finals. I put on a pot of coffee and I drank most of it. I was still able to go to sleep. Caffeine has never really done anything to keep me awake. Those were the good old days.

After starting work for Healthview (now known as Body Scan International) back in 1998, my schedule has me waking up at 5:00am. So I'd try to get to sleep by 9:00pm and get 8 hours of sleep. After getting married I still tried to get 8 hours of sleep but that would not be the case. With my wife's schedule (she didn't need to go to work until 9:00am), she wouldn't want to go to sleep until later. That meant that I couldn't sleep until 11:00 pm. Now I'm down to 6 hours of sleep per weekday. That made me look forward to weekends even more because I was still able to sleep in and get 10-12 hours. Even until this day I'm not use to my schedule. I find that I am neither a morning person or a night person. If I could dictate my schedule, I would wake up at 7:00am and go to sleep by 9:30pm.

After Jadon was born, I could still get the 6 hours/night of sleep during the weekdays. On weekends though, I'd be lucky to be able to sleep in until 9:00am. Usually I hear Jadon wake up talking to himself at about 7:00am but I'd go back to sleep and get another hour in until Fiona gets him. I find myself taking more naps but some times it affects my nighttime sleeping to the point where it takes me an hour or so to fall asleep. This has been even more prevalent within the past couple of months. My quality of sleep has diminished. I don't know if it's due to the summer heat or that I am subconsciously stressing over the coming of the twins. I miss sleep badly. I miss it so bad that when Mondays hit, all I'm thinking about is waiting for Friday nights to come so I can sleep in.

*yawn* I'm so sleepy now and it's not even 10:00 am yet. Time to take a nap.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home