10.08.2004

Car Problem

Yesterday I was meeting up with Fiona her doctor's appointment. I was pulling into the ticketing booth of the parking lot. I rolled down my window and took the ticket and then as I was rolling it back up I heard a loud snap. The window stopped midway. I tried to roll it up again but the motor was stalled. So I rolled it down and it went down with a "whir" and then I rolled it back up but it only went up midway. Then all of a sudden I heard another snap and then the window just slid all the way down. I couldn't roll it back up. You can hear the motor but nothing was happening. Great! I called a Goodyear and asked how much it could cost. They said $65 just to diagnois it and if the motor was bad it could tack on a couple of hundred of dollars. Just great! Fiona decided to call the VW dealership. Without much questioning they said bring it on in. After the doctor's appointment we took the car in. They explained that there is a plastic clip that holds the window up and that it has a tendency to snap. They went on to tell us that this problem exists in most VWs since 1998. Fortunately this was a no charge and that they would fix the other windows. Just imagine if it was cold weather or even raining and this happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home