11.16.2005

Frustrating Night.

Last night was a frustrating night. It was a combination of having a short temper and the kids being a little annoying (plus inefficiencies in our night time routine).

Vanessa's banshee cry is probably what set the tone. When she woke up from her last nap, she just went into a cry (she's like that with most of her naps). I thought that perhaps she would go back to sleep (apparently she didn't and it got worse). Enduring those cries can be tough not just from a pity standpoint but tough on your ears because it just makes you cringe. I felt that I was better off letting her cry because I new at that point that if I go up there I would make things worse (either by lecturing her or being short with her).

Natalie's little annoyance happened when I was giving her a bath. She can make it tough at times to give her a bath without getting water in her face. She straightens out her legs sometimes when I am trying to wash her hair and I end up inadvertently douse her face making her cry. Of course she does this a couple more times and cries even more.

Jadon was probably the worse of the bunch. He was crying for stupid reasons tonight and I just wasn't in a tolerable mood. Not to mention that he had picked up Natalie and dropped her and she bonked her head (luckily she was low to the ground from the start and it was on carpet). All I had to do was take him by the shirt and look him in the eyes. I didn't say anything and he cried and said "No timeout." So he cried throughout the night and I was just all wound up. I ended up trying to send him in timeout but this time I tried to do it differently. Instead of forcibly putting him in time out I told him to go sit in the corner and go in timeout. Let's just say that that was an utter failure. He was crying hard and he was pouting by jumping up and down. At the time, it wasn't funny but in retrospect it was a little amusing to see him jump up and down that way.

Maybe I should put myself in timeout. Hopefully today is a new day and things will be more tolerable.

5 Comments:

Blogger Minnie Pak said...

Who are you? ME?!?! :) Only I can be RAGE MAMA. I guess you can have the title RAGE DADDY if you like, although you will have to duke it out with Ali for it first.

2:45 PM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

I wasn't even close to be a raging dada. I held back.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Minnie Pak said...

oh, you have much more restraint than i then. :) i'm getting better, though. at least i'm trying harder.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shackles. you need shackles. and a bvmhwfpe

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have one kid who will sit in timeout if I tell him and one kid who will look me in the eye and just say "No!".

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home