10.07.2008

Raging Waters, Kinderfest, and Old Memories.

Two Saturdays ago I took Jadon to Raging Waters. My co-worker goes out there each year to promote my company (at a shared booth with Blue Cross) at one of contracts' functions. Each year, the Association of Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs (ALADS) blocks out Raging Waters (after the park closes for the seasons) and treats their members. Everything was free (food and all). My co-worker invited me and told me I can take the family. Fiona stayed at home with the girls and I took Jadon. He just had a blast. They have a water-playground which he thoroughly enjoyed and We went on some of the big rides. We were there for about 3 hours total.

This past Saturday we went to what was called "Kinderfest" (Octoberfest for kids). It was in Huntington Beach. One of my other co-workers had mentioned it and she gave me a couple of admission coupons. So we got in for free! The even was quite small actually and we primarily went there to see the Dachshund races. Otherwise that was pretty much it. We were there for probably less then an hour.

After we left Kinderfest, we were driving around and I decided that since we were so close to my old house when I was a kid, that we could stop by and look. I lived there from age 1 to 4 and I remembered a little wooden bridge in the front yard. Guess what? It's still there! Holy cow!

Then after that we decided to head on over to Lee's Sandwich over by my old college at UC Irvine. We strolled the student center, which was totally remodeled. Then we had some good sandwiches for dinner.

All the memories........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home