11.22.2004

Terrible twos are getting worse.

Jadon has hit his "terrible two's" months back but boy things are getting worse. Pretty much at the age of two, most toddlers go through a phase where they throw tantrums and fits and their sensitivity is even more heightened (keep in mind that Jadon is already sensitive). Jadon is getting there. He's been crying and whining a lot. And he's a little more defiant. For example:
-Jadon was touching the computer printer. I'll calmly tell Jadon not to touch it and he will continue to touch it. I'll raise my voice a little more and he'll touch it knowing that I am getting upset. He'll then just slap it while keeping eye contact with me. Just sheer defiant look in his face.
-Another instance was when either Fiona or I will be in the kitchen and he'll be there doing something he's not suppose to do. We'll try politely try to shoo him away by telling him to go play with some of his toys. He's so sensitive that he breaks on into a cry with full-on tears.
-One time I was about to go downstairs. Jadon was holding onto his 'doggie' and I politely asked him to put it in the crib. He busted out in a wail. I just rolled my eyes and slapped myself.
-I decided to take Jadon to Toy's R Us and scope out some possible Christmas presents for him. Fiona has been talking about getting him a Little Tykes Cozy Coupe. (It also comes with a electronic gas pumper for free) It's a little one passenger Flintstones-type of car. So I wanted to expose Jadon to it and see if he likes it. He loved it. He doesn't know how to use it quite yet except that he goes backwards but he knows it's a car. Well when it was time to take him out he started his whining. I caved in and let him ride for a few more minutes but that didn't do anything to aleve his whining when it was time for him to come out. There was a lady in the area and although she was looking in our direction, I'm sure she was a little amused. Well I ended up buying it for him for Christmas.

I don't even want to think about when the twins hit this stage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home