12.20.2005

Borderline Sony Freak.

When it comes to Sony, Fiona thinks that I am a freak. I think I am just a borderline freak. I admit that my preference for electronics leans towards Sony. I explained to Fiona that it's brand loyalty (just like her preference for only Coke over Pepsi). I have never had a problem with any Sony product and I firmly believe in their quality. Sure there are probably better quality products but usually at a much higher cost. I have Sony Triniton t.v.s(2), a Sony DVD player, a Sony Playstation, a Sony digital camera, use to have Sony Car Stereo with Sony surround sound speakers, a Sony alarm clock, and a Sony Walkman. Now I am borderline because I don't have a Sony Home Entertainment System (I opted for the Bose system). I don't currently have a Sony car stereo, or Sony computer (or laptop), or Sony MP3 player. Although if Sony built cars, I would get one (or two).

Talking about Sony....

After a few days of deliberating, pestering, and being anxious like a little school boy, Fiona gave me the green light to get a new digital camera. This morning I placed an order for a new one. Guess what brand? We decided on the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W7 digital camera. I love our current camera but it lacks a view finder which makes it difficult to take night shots and Fiona wants a camera that shoots better quality shots since we have kiddies. I just love telling the story of how I purchased our first digital camera, Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S50. It was about 5 years ago. My friend, Gat had just recently won a DSC-S50 and when I saw it, I knew I had to have one. One of the features that I love is the swiveling LCD screen which gives me the flexibility to take pictures at odd angles. Anyways, at the time the camera was retailing at about $600 at the time. I went online to search for the cheapest price. I found it for around $500 through Yahoo's Shopping link. But instead of ordering it online, I called the number to the website to place the order. Then I purchased a memory stick for $50 at another website. During that time Sony had a mail-in rebate offer of $50. So I was feeling pretty good about the deal that I was able to find. So as it ended up, I was never charged for the camera. I kept checking the credit card statements. After a few months I went back to the website of where I ordered the camera and it was not longer there. So I got the camera and memory stick for free!
So here's hoping for the same thing this time around....yeah right!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

more importantly...do you own sony stock???

-pete

11:44 AM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

I sadly don't =). Maybe Google will buy them someday! =P

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home