1.06.2006

Potty Pooping Consistency

Jadon is on a roll as far as potty training goes. The past four times he has gone poop has been on the toilet. The first three times of of potty training, Fiona and I would put the idea into his head "Jadon wanna go poo-poo on the potty?" Initially he'll say "no" but in a few minutes he'll change his mind. Yesterday, without us reminding him, he asked to be put on the potty. The kid is making me proud =~) *sniff* To the normal human being, this might be trivial but to me it's a huge thing. Typically kids are potty trained around 2-2 1/2 years (Jadon is two weeks away from turning 3). Then of course we read or hear how some kids are trained when they are around 1 or so and that tends to apply some level of pressure on us as parents. I can't wait until the day comes when we no longer have to buy diapers or better yet having to change diapers. That will probably be one of my best days of my life (probably up there with my wedding day =) ) .

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great until they need to use the bathroom and you're 10 miles from the nearest one.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Minnie Pak said...

i hear that girls are potty trained around 2-2.5, but boys are usually closer to 3 (something like 27 mos for girls, 36 for boys). according to something i read once, the sensation to go to the bathroom isn't developed as quickly in boys as girls. i've prepared myself to the idea of diapers for at least 2 more years with thomas. hopefully not 2 more years with nicholas! :)

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home