7.18.2006

18 Month Wellness Exam.

Yesterday I meet up with Fiona at the pediatrician's office for the girls' wellness exam. The last time I went to one with the girls was well over a year. Fiona had mentioned how the last time she went, she had her hands full with both girls' crying nonstop (especially with Vanessa). So this time we decided to at least level the playing field. That's where I came in. For the most part, they weren't too bad. They cried when they were measured, weighed, checked out, and given shots. All in all they easily calmed down when we held them. Here are the specs on them:

Natalie:
weight - 17 pounds 12 ounces (not even on the curve)
height - 29 3/4 inches (on the curve! 8th percentile!)

Vanessa:
weight - 18 pounds 3 ounces (not even on the curve)
height - 30 1/2 inches (on the curve! 20th percentile!)

I can't say that I wasn't dissappointed. I was hoping that they would have achieved the 20 pound mark by now. By law, babies have to sit facing backwards in the car until they have hit 20 pounds and are at least 1 year of age. I recalled that when Jadon hit his 1 year mark (he was well over 20 pounds at that point) and we switched him over to forward facing, he was a different baby. He was a much happier baby. That's what I wanted for the girls. So towards the end of our session the doctor asked if we had anymore questions and at the last second I decided to inquire about forward facing at their age. The doctor said that it was perfectly fine to flip them around. She said that the girls are well developed and strong enough. Now I'm all excited because when I'm driving, I'll be able to see them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home