7.10.2006

A Rough & Tough Weekend.

This past weekend was pretty rough in terms of taking care of the girls. Having twins has it's good moments and then it has it's bad moments, especially when they are both sick. Apparently I have overused my new found powers because it appears that the girls' aren't responding to me like they were (hopefully it's just a momentary lapse). Vanessa looks like she has just about recovered. Saturday's dinner feeding was really bad. I was so frustrated with her because she wasn't eating at all. Normally I wouldn't be wound up at her but she really put up a stubborn front. I mean if she was of normal weight, not showing her ribcage, eating all right, I wouldn't have asserted myself like I did on Saturday. I showed Vanessa my stubbornness to feed her. Now, I know the pediatrician said that you shouldn't force kids to eat but I felt that I had to. Fiona and I have exhausted all other friendly options. Vanessa has always been stubborn when it comes to eating and that she really does need to eat because I (as a parent) feel that it's almost a life-or-death thing, especially with the girls. They eat crappy portions already. So Saturday, there were two wills clashing head to head. I would raise my voice louder and louder with phrases like "Vanessa!" or "You need to eat!" She kept her mouth shut close for the longest time. The only way I could get food in her mouth was when she'd cry. I felt terrible doing what I did but I don't want her to deteriorate in her weight and growth.

Last night Natalie hit a bad moment. Actually it started on Saturday but yesterday seem just as bad if not worse. She was crying nonstop during the day, throughout dinner, after dinner. We'd pick her up and she would want to be held a certain way. Then after a while when we'd let her down, she would just cry and cry. Sure, the solution is to pick her up and hold her but when you have another two kids in the house, you can't do that all day long. Then to top it off, she wasn't eating either (not as bad a Vanessa so I didn't impose my will on her). Hopefully she's just sick and is getting over it.

Jadon was pretty good for the most part (there was an occacional timeout here or there). On Saturday, Fiona, the girls' and I took Jadon to his first summer outdoors games class. He's enrolled in a 4 session class filled with games and then another 4 session sports class. He had a lot of fun. They started off with stretches. It was funny because all the parents were performing the stretches (i.e. jumping jacks) and the kids were sorta of doing it but pretty much look at us. Then the first game was duck-duck-goose. It was funny because when Jadon was the 'ducker' he wouldn't pat the heads. He would point with one finger and not touch anyone. What a little germaphobe. That was further progressed with tag. Jadon was just running everywhere not avoiding the tagger. There was a boy that I was having Jadon avoid because when the boy would tag someone he'd clothesline them (ouch!). And the boy's mother was just praising him for tagging someone. Then the next game was capture-the-flag but it was actually a cone that needed to be captured. That was a much more complicated game. But I have to say that there was only one time when the cone was actually captured and it was Jadon who succeeded. The last game was just everyone sitting in a circle hold each other's hands and going around slapping each other's hand while singing a song. Jadon appeared to have lost interest in that game quickly. That was pretty much the end of the first session.

Yesterday, we went to a beach in Corona Del Mar. It was at a park called Heisler Park. Very nice park that overlooked the ocean. We strolled along the cliff and then I took Jadon down to the water. We only played for five minutes but he had a blast. He was just laughing when the water hit his feet and the sand around it melted away. He kept on saying "look dadda, I'm swimming!" At one point he lost his balance and fell in. Luckily I grabbed him before he got completely soaked. We'll have to come back and have him actually go for a swim in the ocean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home