11.20.2006

Disneyland Boycott No More....

Right after high school, I got a job working at 'Dismal-land.' It lasted about six months there and I didn't really care for the job. When I gave my notice, I didn't bother giving my two weeks. I was on a ski trip with my brother and some friends. I called in to let them know that I wasn't going to make my shift the next day and that I decided I wanted to quit. I know, I know, it was a foolish and unprofessional thing to do. Plus I was a young 18 year old, immature kid who didn't realize the importance of responsibility. It's just that the the job was unmotivating. To hear of stories of people working there for several years and to be paid barely double minimum wage didn't inspire me at all. So I had quit but I still had to go in at some point and sign off on my resignation. They told me that because I didn't give my two weeks notice that I could no longer be employed by Disney in the future. Oh well. Then they asked me why I quit and I that I had told them that I was being overscheduled even though I was just part time seasonal hiree. Apparently they made a mistake and told me that I could still work for them. I declined. To this date, I don't know of anyone who has ever had a pleasant experience working for Disneyland. So anyways, I have not gone back to Disneyland since. In a word, I had boycotted going back there. (NOTE: I have not boycotted Disney products and I have gone to California Disney, just not Disneyland.)

Well this past few weeks, Fiona and I have been discussing the prospect of going to Disneyland. Then we discussed the finances that it would take to bring all three kiddies. Luckily the girls are free admission until the age of 3. But tickets for adults go for $63 and for children (3-11), $53! Ouch! So we are opting for the annual passport. They cost more but we figure we can go a few more times to both Disneyland & California Adventure throughout the year. Fiona went down to a children's store to sell off some of the kiddies' clothes, pack n' play, mega-saucer, stroller, and swing so the money from that covered a passport. We managed to find one on Ebay (to offset some cost), and plan to purchase another two when we get to the park. So I guess there goes my boycott.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home