10.20.2008

New T.V.!

We finally entered the Digital world by making a purchase on a new Sony H.D. LCD T.V. I had done a lot of research and discussion with Fiona before making the purchase.

I started off looking at the Vizio's at Costco and I originally limited my search to 37" screens because that was about the the maximum size that would fit our armoire in the living room. But then the specs got more specific. Vizio only offered 720p and Fiona and I figured that if we were going to make a jump, then we should get a set that would offer a higher resolution size. So I looked at the 1080p sets.

I broaden our search to Toshiba, Sharp, Samsung, and Sony. After talking to a few sales people and doing some online research, I narrowed it down to either Samsung or Sony. Then I looked at Sony's 37" XBR set and had my mind focused on that until my co-worker started mentioning that there are some 40+ inch sets that still might fit in my armoire with smaller bezels on the side.

I once again broaden my search to Sony's 40" sets. Sony has 5 different 40" (6 including their new updated XBR series) T.V.s, all priced differently. So I had to go and research the differences (i.e. contrast ratio, motion flow, x.v. color). I had my eye on the second cheapest level that Sony offered. But Fiona wanted to check it out at the Sony Style store in South Coast Plaza. So we went down there and she fell in love with the XBR series (top of the line level), also quite pricey. So I went back home and did some more research and we finally compromised on getting the second best level. It went slightly over our budget but I still got an awesome deal.

I ended up ordering from a site called Vanns'com. It wasn't the cheapest online but it was pretty competitive and I was quite comfortable with the site. It's located in Montana and has six physical locations and they had really high review scores. They offered free shipping, no sales tax, PLUS they were running an offer of a free Sony Blu Ray DVD player with select Sony T.V.s I ordered the T.V. last Saturday, they shipped it out on Monday, and I received it on Thursday. Quite Fast. Not only that but the site had lowered it's price by $100 and they priced matched it. Sweet! Usually I don't blog, in specifics, about my major purchases but I have to say that this was one of my best experiences with online purchasing. I'd definitely recommend that site.

I love my new toy and picture quality is phenomenal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home