12.20.2004

So How Is Everyone Doing....

Well, as Fiona entered the hospital this past Saturday, many lives have changed.

We'll start with Fiona. Without getting into too much detail she's having a miserable experience. For the first 48 hours, the nurses were strictly monitoring the twin's heart rate to get a general baseline. So that meant Fiona had to sleep with those on. Not very uncomfy. Not to mention the bed was as well and Fiona's tailbone was already hurting. Anyways so for the past two nights the babies would move and the heartbeats would get lost, and the nurses would come in and adjust the devices and of course wake Fiona up. Fiona said that this occured throughout the night. To go along with the uncomfortability of it all and lack of a good night's sleep, she also has to endure the tasteless food (I finally brought her a bunch of snacks).

Jadon has been handling the transition well. The only change that noticed in him is that he has been waking up a little earlier (about an hour or so). For the most part he seems to be his normal self. During the weekdays, he sleeps over at his grandparents' place and on the weekend he stays with me.

Fiona's parents have been a blessing (especially her mom). She's the one that takes care of Jadon during the night-morning-to-noon times. Because Fiona's parents own their own business, her mom has the flexibility to go in to work later. Hopefully this will create some quality bonding time between Jadon and grandpa and grandma.

As for me, it's challenging transition because I'm so use to sharing a bed and now that I have it all to myself, it feels awkward. Plus for the past two nights, I have been going to sleep later. I've been catching up on my movie watching. The latest one was "Man On Fire" starring Denzel Washington. I liked it a lot. And I also saw "I, Robot." I liked that one as well. So anyways, when I take over watching Jadon in the afternoon, I have to have some sort of itinerary planned or he'll get bored like shopping excursions or where to eat. It's only been a few days and I am feeling tired (kinda like when you've just had a baby and you have very little sleep). I guess I should get use to it.

These are the main life changes, others include my work, Fiona's work, Fiona's sister (Angeline) but I won't go into detail on that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don,
You should take him to the Discovery Center. http://www.discoverycube.org/ They have an area on the second floor just for young kids to play around. I took my sis, lil cuz, and nephew there over the summer. They loved it.
Also, Sunny loves having the bed to himself when I'm out of town. If he could, he would put our queen bed up next to a twin so he'd have the room still when I come back.
-Marilyn

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home