3.08.2005

Daily Excursions.

Over the past few weeks we (as in Fiona, Jadon, the girls, and I) have actually wandered out into the public. Everytime we go out, I always refer us (mainly the girls) as the "freak show." Our dual stroller seems so long that it just feels like we bring attention to ourselves. It'll just take some time to get use to. We've actually went out to dine about a half dozens times or so and for the most part, it's been somewhat successful. Everytime we go out we get comments all the time such as "Are they twins?" or "You must have your hands full." This past Sunday we went to Dave & Busters which wasn't crowded at all. The volume was just high enough that if the girls were to cry, no one could really hear (except us of course).

On Saturday we ventured out to the South Coast Plaza mall. Jadon rode on his first merry-go-round. I went with him while Fiona hung back and took pictures (I'll have to look at those and hopefully post those). I asked him "are you having fun?" His response was "fun" with a smile. So I have to take that as he had an enjoyable time. I can't believe that the price to ride the merry-go-round is $1 (not that I'm cheap or anything). I use to remember eons ago that it was quarter to ride it. What was cool was they gave you a coupon for a free kids ice cream at Haagen Daaz with a purchase with a regular size scoop (except that cost 4 bucks). On this trip I had a middle eastern lady come up to me and comment on the girls. She ask the typical questions of "are they twins?, "how old are they?" But then she asked "are you done having kids?" and she started off about over population. I just nodded politely until she walked off. That was a new one.

Our next excursion will probably be to the Main Place Mall. Fiona and I are set to get new wedding bands to commemorate our 5 year wedding anniversary. I can't fit my current band (damn marriage/having-children/sympathy pounds ) and I didn't really want to stretch it. Plus Fiona wanted to get a band with five small diamonds on it. Wish us luck (taking the kids out that is).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel for you man. That's brave of you to take all those kids out like that!

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From what I understand, you're going to hear a lot more comments and "good intentioned" if unwanted advice. Good luck!

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home