4.14.2005

A Toys R' Us Night...

Last night we decided to go to Toys R' Us and look for a toy to get for Jadon. We weren't sure what we were going to get him, either a train set or something he can play outdoors. Well we walked in and we found the section where they had all the different types of trains (mainly Thomas Trains and Imaginarium Trains) and they had a few table-with-train set displays. Jadon was glued to that throughout the duration. Fiona and I also wanted to check out some other toys and when it came time to do that (which meant Jadon had to leave the train section) he started to cry. So I let play with the trains for a little longer. That was the first time he has cried at the toy store because he wanted to play with the toys. I attempted to pry him away from the trains again to look at other possible toys but he again cried. So after looking at all the differents sets and accessories (and convincing Fiona that Jadon really wants it) we settled on the Imaginarium table and train set (I think that this is his most expensive toy to date). Thomas Trains are a little scary with the faces on them. The set is for ages 3 years + but he's old enough to understand the concept of a train (plus he looked like he was having a lot of fun playing with the floor model). So Fiona went on to look at the outdoor toys. That meant that I had to pry Jadon away from the trains, grab a cart, and load it with the train set. Jadon cried again until he noticed that I told him that we were going to buy it while putting the train set box into the cart. After that he was on his best behavior. Fiona thinks that I want the train set to play with myself, and to a certain extent that's true (because I have always wanted a train set; motorized preferable), but it will be cool to see Jadon play with it as well. So today I have to plan on putting the thing together. Hopefully it won't take that long.....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toys can be addicting. Anything electronic is allright in my book.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home