4.06.2005

Lakers Eliminated!

Not that it was any surprise, I just can't get over it. And now they are lottery bound. If I had to blame anyone for this, I'd blame Mitch Kupchak. I thought he was suppose to be this up-and-coming general manager, student of Jerry West's but he has made some bad calls. First off he shouldn't have gotten rid of Shaq (even though Shaq was being a butt about his contract extension). But if you are going to trade him, get something in return. I tried to look at the upside of the trade, Lamar Odom, Brian Grant, and Caron Butler but in the end it still a lopsided trade. Should have, at the very least, gotten some expiring contracts to free up the salary cap. Secondly, you sign Vlade Divac to a two year contract?!?! He was a good center and all but he's getting old and too injure-prone at his stage.

I can't stand watching the Lakers. The Clippers are now better then them in the standings! Luckily I have my kids to keep me occupied so I don't have to dwell on such a dismal season. Hopefully the Lakers can get a good lottery pick.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wasn't Mitch who got rid of Shaq, it was Jerry Buss. Buss got rid of Shaq in order to apease the rapist.

2:16 PM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

Trust me, if Jerry West was still there he would have made things work and convince Buss to either 1) keep Shaq or 2) get something better for Shaq.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home