6.06.2005

Having Kids = Everyday Show

I was just thinking recently what it's like to have to take care of kids on a daily basis. I can almost compare it to the preparation and performance of a Culture Night. Back in college, the Laotian-Thai Cultural Club would do a once-a-year Culture Night. The preparation of that one special night can last up to six months (perhaps even longer). Anyways, taking care of the kids is just like that except there's no adrenaline involved. The stress is comparable if not worse. Fiona and I have to come up with ways to entertain our little kiddies throughout the day and then bathe them and put them to bed at night. The evening-to-early-night is when things can get really stressful because the girls get cranky, Jadon wants to play, and then there is the preparation work to get ready for the bath (kids' laundry every night, bottle steralization, clean up toys). But when all is said and done, it can be a huge relief (just like the completion of a successful Culture Night performance). And then it starts again the next day, and the next day.....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, that sucks. Another submission in the "negative" column.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think at this rate GQ is going to stick to bunnies and a dog.

As for the kids, when they get into school it's suppose to get easier. I know it seems like that's a long time down the line. When it happens, you will think how quickly the time has passed. In the mean time, you are enjoying all the new developments. The good with the bad.

12:34 PM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

Actually I think that the first 6 months or so go really slow and then time returns to normal. To be honest I am not one of those people who think "time really goes fast." With Jadon, I enjoy his growth and developement and it's great to reminiece on the past but I don't miss it. I see my same perspective transposed on the girls as well.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw your headline, I thought you were going to talk about how it's like a show everyday to watch your kids do stuff that makes you laugh. They're quite entertaining when they're not crying, fighting, and destroying your house, although those can also be entertaining as well.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Edzel is right. I'll probably spend most of my time laughing at my kids.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home