5.15.2006

Mother's Day Happenings.

Happy Mother's Day! Yesterday was filled with some interesting events aside from celebrating Mother's Day.

Model Girls?
In the afternoon, Fiona, the kids, and I hit up the mall for our stroll. We went to the food court to get something to drink. I waited with the girls and Jadon while Fiona went to get some lemonade. As usual, there were people who would walk buy and comment on the girls. Then this lady passed by and saw the girls and was remarking about how cute they were. Then she asked if they were identical twins and I replied in kind with a 'yes.' I didn't want to go in to how they are suppose to be identical but they don't look identical. So then she proceeded to give me her business card saying that if I was interested in having the girls in modeling and commercialling to give her a call. She looked at Jadon and said 'him too.' I couldn't help but feel flattered for my kids. But I also know that I wouldn't subject Fiona, myself, or the kids to doing that. I don't think I could commit the money (for portfolio), the time (a lot of waiting around), and the commitments (driving around) to doing that.

Jadon's Change of Heart?
We went out to dinner with Fiona's parents in celebration of Mother's Day. After dinner, Jadon insisted on sleeping over at Grandma & Grandpa's house (something he hasn't done in nearly 6 months). The last time he slept over there he cried and G&G called Fiona to come over and take him home. Then a few weeks ago when G&G were over and we were giving the girls a bath, Jadon had freaked out because he thought he was going over to G&G's house to sleep. Well we weren't sure if Jadon was bluffing so we tried to bluff him. We had to head home first to pack his stuff (if he was indeed sleeping over at his grandparents' place). Fiona and I kept asking him if he was sure and that if he goes over he cannot cry and he has to do what Grandma says. He seemed pretty adamant about sleeping over. So on the way home, he was reciting to us what we need to pack and bring. He was so cute. He told us to bring his bath tub, his fishies (his bath toy), his pajamas, etc. When we got home we decided to give him a bath first and then G&G would take him. We called Fiona's mom up later that night to check up on things and she told us that was everything went well and that he pretty much went to bed after they got things settled in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home