1.15.2005

Father x2

Well be have been blessed with two beautiful baby girls. Fiona is doing well and recovering. We'll see how she's doing after the drugs wear off. Shortly after the girls were delivered Vanessa and Natalie were separated. The nurses quickly rushed Vanessa off to the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) to try to put some weight on her (just as a precaution). Vanessa needed to reach a threshold of 4 lbs 8 oz. Five minutes later I followed Natalie to the Newborn Nursery. To make a long story short (because I am bushed), they are both doing quite well. I heard from the nurses that they are good eaters so far. I just can't believe how small they are (I know they could be smaller) but just looking at their little hands, feet, heads......

Fiona's parents came over in the late afternoon and brought Jadon. Early signs point that Jadon is going to be jealous. At first when he saw the baby he rushed over and wanted to touch his sister (he's only seen Natalie because Vanessa has to stay in the NICU). Well when he tried to touch her face he looked like he was going to be a little rough so stopped him. That was his only attempt to want to come in contact with his sister. He otherwise stayed away. I think he's scared of her. Well anyways when it came to holding Natalie (whether it be me or Fiona's mother or father), Jadon would go up to whoever was holding her and asked to be picked up. So Fiona's mom was holding Natalie, Jadon would go up to her and asked to be picked up. So Fiona's mom would give me Natalie and pick up Jadon. Then Jadon would see that I was holding Natalie and then want me to pick him up. I gave her back to Fiona's mom and Jadon would do the same. Then Fiona's mom would give Natalie over to Fiona's dad and the same thing happened. Jadon finally started to really cry. Oh boy....

Well anyways, that's enough posting for now. Look at the Gallery for pictures of the girls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home