2.12.2005

First Time...

Yesterday (Friday), I had first time experiences. I had the day off which was devoted to taking Jadon and Vanessa to their doctor's appointment. In the morning I took Jadon, by myself for the first time, to get his 2-year wellness check up. He cried when he was being weighed and measured and even when the doctor took a look in his ear. But when it came to his hepatitis shot, the nurse was so quick in administering it that he had no idea what went on. He didn't cry. All in all he was a good little boy. He weighed in at 28.2 lbs which puts him in the 60th percentile. That surprised the doctor a little because he had a big jump. So I was pleased to hear that. And his height is at 36in., 90th percentile which also surprised the doctor and was a joy to hear. There is a general thing that is said that when kids turn two, if you double their height, that is what their height will be when they are all grown up. So I am imaging Jadon being a 6 footer. Holy smokes!

As for Vanessa, she went to CHOC (Children's Hospital of Orange County) to get her hips scanned (ultrasound). Our pediatritian ordered it because she was breached coming out of her mommy's womb. Everything came out normal. Her sockets were in place. Nothing to be concerend with. She was pretty much asleep the whole time and the service was quite speedy (I was impressed).

All in all it was a tiring but satisfying experience (I guess when you become a parent, especially a father you have to look at the little things to make you happy).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home