8.22.2005

Training Days.

This past week has been highlighted with the training of our kiddies in certain areas in their lives.

JADON - For the past few months we have been trying to potty train Jadon, but it wasn't until this past week that we saw results. Believe it or not, it's a huge brew-ha-ha and to some it may not seem like a big thing but for us (and probably most parents) it was. Last week Jadon was sitting on the potty and he actually peed! But like a typical male, he pretty much missed most of the toilet. I'll give him an 'A' for effort though. We rewarded him with some Dairy Queen ice cream. I told him that if he went poo-poo in the potty that I'd get him some toy cars. I think he took that to heart because on Saturday towards the tail end of his dinner he said that he had to go poo-poo. Fiona asked him if he wanted so sit on the potty and he said he did. So I took him to his bathroom and sat him on his seat and I closed the door (for privacy) and within five minutes there was a little log in the toilet. Jadon said "Go poo-poo, pee-pee, in the potty. Get ice cream, get new car!" So I did a ceremonial flush and Jadon waves and says "Bye bye poo-poo!" That was just a crack up. Fiona and I were so ecstatic about this event and we just praised him throughout the night. So when we headed out to celebrate it was getting kind of late and I was thinking that we might not have time to go get ice cream and go to Toy's R Us to get Jadon his promised present so I turn to him and tell him that we might not have enough time to do both tonight. So I ask him "Jadon, do you want a new car or do you want ice cream?" His response "Want ice cream AND new car." It's so neat to be able to ask him questions and he replies back in an actual sentence.

NATALIE - She isn't really in any major training at this point. We are just concentrating on her gaining weight. She should be hitting the 10lb mark soon. Natalie is doing quite well on solids and Fiona seems to have found the right consistency in making cereal to maximize the amount of food she eats.

VANESSA - Last night we started to train Vanessa to sleep through the night. Fiona has been reading some book that she bought to see what is the best method to go about doing it. I finally moved out of the girls room back in to my own room and Vanessa moved from our room to her room. So it was Fiona, Natalie, and me in one room and Vanessa in her own room. We have Jadon sleeping over at his grandparents while we train. Suffice to say I did not get the sleep that I was normally accustomed to. Well Vanessa slept for a bit and then woke me up with her crying at about 12:30am (Fiona said that she had been crying prior to me waking up). We pretty much let Vanessa cry without any intervention. She must have cried for well over an hour. When I went to check up on her this morning (5:00am) to feed her, I caught her on her belly, wimpering. It was such a heart wrenching sound to hear. It's tough to let one of your kiddies just cry and cry but it has to be done. Hopefully Vanessa's training won't last too long.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must've ripped Jadon off a lot in the past. He's pretty sharp on getting what he's promised.

I can imagine the people around listening to you, excited about pooping and peeing in a toilet. It's kinda like me listening to Nwanee talk about a rectal exam while eating dinner.

4:07 PM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

You should reward her with some ice cream and a toy car! =)

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home