5.17.2006

24 Hour Bug.

On Monday morning, I experienced something new: a 24 hour cold (of sorts). I woke up and went to work feeling just fine. At around 6:30am I distinctly felt a dryness in my mouth causing me to cough. After that my health just deteriorated through out the next 6 hours. A sinus pressure came about as well as a headache. I ended up leaving early at about 1:00 pm and by that time my nose was congested.

I took the following day off although I didn't really rest (or rest well at least). My sleep and naps were terrible. Luckily the cold wasn't as bad as it could have been and fortunately it didn't last long (right now I am at about 90 percent). I still went about my daily routine of chores, and playing with the kids (with an occasional rest on the couch). It was even fun at times just being home with the family. I danced with all three kids at one point. Fiona has gotten into Tom Jones lately (and it seems the kiddies, especially Jadon, have too). So I played "What's New Pussycat" and we all held hands to form a circle and just danced. The kiddies just loved doing that.

Last night's sleep was atrocious for me. I didn't fall asleep until about 12:30 am (and even then I would end up waking up now and then throughout). I was coughing, tossing and turning, and some people in an apartment complex across the way were talking loud and playing their music kind of loud. I felt bad for Fiona because I knew that I was keeping her up (actually Fiona told me later that she was asleep). I decided to take my pillow and blanket and sleep on the couch downstairs. Maybe I'll take a quick power nap when I get home. *yawn*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home