7.28.2006

A Coupla First Timers.

Yesterday evening, we took the kiddies to the pool. It was the girls' first time swimming. We should have gone swimming earlier in the summer but Fiona had to find some nice and well budgeted swimwear for the girls plus there were so many people at the pool. I have to say that the girls did extremely well for the first time. Vanessa instantly loved it. She was just giggling and walking around the kiddie pool. She'd squat down until just her head was above the water. She was splishing and splashing. Natalie was timid at first. She cried initially when she stumbled and her face hit the water but her fear subsided after watching her sister having fun. Natalie was pretty much stationary for most of the time. I can't help but fell sorry for her because she was just standing their shivering the whole time. I'd grab her and sit her down so the warm water would just cover her body but she squirmed until I let her stand. She had baby goose bumps all over her arms. I recall that when Jadon went swimming for his first time, he was so scared and clingy. Actually now that I think about it, he was yesterday. I took him in the big pool and he didn't last five minutes. He wore his inflatable tube vest and I held his tube for balance but he wanted to go back to the kiddie pool. What a little sissy! Last year he loved the pool. He even at one point told me to not hold him anymore. I guess I will have to dunk him a couple of times the next time we go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home