7.05.2006

4th of July Happenings.

The day started off with Natalie developing a fever. So her day was pretty bad from the start. She didn't eat much at all and she reverted to her newborn self. She whined and cried throughout the day.

For lunch we originally had planned to go to a local park for our own picnic. We deviated from our plan when Fiona's mom mentioned to us that her church was holding a barbeque picnic. So we went to her church's (Calvary Chapel) picnic. It was a carnival style with games, booths, and lot's of food. A lot of people were there. Fiona and I, in the midst of the crown, actually saw a couple of friends of ours. Fiona's mom ran into some people she knew as well. Unfortunately during their conversation, her friend received a call notifying of her mother's death. How horrible is that? Natalie didn't eat a single thing at the picnic and was crying pretty much the whole time. The Vanessa started to act up. Like any improvising parents, we gave them water bottles to play with. That pretty much shut them up for a good 10-15 minutes. Fiona's dad took Jadon to the play area where they had several inflatable jumping gyms. Jadon had went inside one of them, looked at the kids jumping, turned back around and got out. He decided that it wasn't for him at all.

After the picnic outing, Fiona and I took the kids home for their afternoon nap. For dinner, we (Fiona's parents and us) went to the local park. Fiona had prepared some egg salad sandwiches and some ham & cucumber sandwiches, chips, watermelon balls, sliced apples, cold lemonade, and chocolate brownies. Natalie was still crying and not eating. So I had to use my poweres of persuasion to get her to stop crying and eat. That was a little challenging but in the end I prevailed (somewhat). I think she ended up eating some bread, some cheerios, some gold fish crackers, and some apples. It was great to hold a picnic in the evening because it was nice and cool. After dinner, the kids played at the park. Then after that it was bedtime! We put them to bed and Fiona and her mom went out to watch the fireworks. Fiona's dad went home and I immersed myself in playing with my PS2.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am a musician who has been impacted by Keith Green and I would be honored if you would check out my music, all music is free to download. I just wanted to share my music with People who love Jesus. www.SeanDietrich.com

I don't want to be a pest, so if this really annoys you, please delete it and accept my humble apology.

Thanks so much,
-Sean
____________________
www.SeanDietrich.com
"All my music is free."

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home