6.28.2006

Jadon Had A Bad Day Yesterday.

It started when I got home from work. Jadon was already crying because Natalie had poked him in the eye. Then all of a sudden his nose started to bleed. He was dripping all over the floor (luckily not on carpet). I told him that he shouldn't keep crying because it will make his nose bleed even more. That seem to quiet him up for a bit (I think I'm on to something). Then Fiona said to drink water because that will make his nose better. He ended up drinking a lot (I think Fiona's on to something).

It was my mother-in-law's birthday so went out to dinner at a new Malaysian/Thai restaurant. On the way there, Jadon started to cry out of the blue. He really had to go poopoo. We kept on telling him that it was ok and that if he had to go in his diaper that he could that one time. We finally got to the restaurant and I took Jadon to the bathroom. He was tearing up while he sat on the potty. I had to hold him up because it looked like the seat was too big for him that he would have just fallen in. So I was squating hold him up by his arm pits while he trying to poop. After what seemed like a long time, he ended up not pooping. I think he was too intimidated. After the food was just served and I had portioned out Jadon's serving, I noticed that he wasn't eating. I told him that his food was ready and that he could eat. He was looking at it uninterested. He was also holding his stomach. Then out of the blue he just threw up. Luckily his aim was pretty good because most of it landed on his plate. Poor kid. He probably had food poisoning from earlier on. He wanted to go outside so I had to eat fast. So I took Jadon outside and he sat on my lap on a nearby bench. He ended up crying on the way home and I finally took him to his familiar potty seat where he went number two. What a relief (no pun intended)!

Talking about puking, I remember the last time that I puked. Boy was that a bad one. *WARNING: this anecdote may contain graphic descriptions* It was about 12 years (or so) ago and we were celebrating a family friend's graduation (I think). The whole family was going out to Red Lobster for dinner. I remember that I had invited Fiona to come along and she almost did but she had last second family plans. I'm glad that she didn't come because if she did, she probably wouldn't be married to me now (she probably would have broken up with me). That's how bad it was. I was getting full from my entree and my mom had some crab legs that she couldn't finish off. -Well those who know me also knew that I was a trash compactor back then. My metabolism was so high that I just ate and ate.- So I didn't resist and I had a crab leg. Well I think that pushed me over the threshold. On the way home, I rode in my dad's two door Mercedes sports car. My mom was sitting in front and luckily for me, there was nobody sitting next to me in the back (that would have been Fiona if she came along). Well it was at that point that my stomach couldn't handle it and I blew, big time. Ever watch the movie Aliens (the second installment)? There's the scene towards the end where Bishop (the android) gets attacked from behind and you see the tail of the queen alien poke through his torso. He starts to gush and spew fluid from his mouth. Well that is exactly what went through my mind as I was gushing and spewing. It went all over the back of the driver seat and on the floor. When we got home and we inspected the mess, somehow some of the puke went behind me and ended up on the headrest (sick, sick, but almost impressive). Anyways, I apologized profusely to my father and cleaned up. He didn't seem too upset by it. Of course he no longer has the car. After I had thrown up my dinner, my stomach felt empty and I was actually feeling pretty hungry after that. So I think, I recall, that I went out for some McDonalds. =)

3 Comments:

Blogger Minnie Pak said...

What kind of car do you drive? One without a distinct trunk (e.g., a minivan or an SUV)? The reason I ask is because I have permanently parked one of Nicky's potties in the back of my van. I did this for 2 reasons: (1) I can't deal with my kids in public restrooms -- they will touch too many gross things and (2) Nicky is more comfortable pooping in a familiar toilet.

Anyway, I put the pot in a small plastic bag (not a grocery store bag, which has too many holes), then I put the pot back in the potty, and put a paper towel in the bottom of the pot to absorb the pee. After Nicky does his business, I flip the bag inside out, knot it, and toss it out. Clean as a whistle.

By the way, I don't think it's food poisoning -- Nicky had a bloody nose and vomitting earlier this week, too. Just a nasty cold, methinks.

8:41 AM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

You know, it's funny that you mentioned that because Fiona was talking about those potties (in the midst of Jadon's crisis). I remember you mentioned it before in your blogs. I think Fiona will probably buy one of those, especially with the two girls that we'll have to contend with.

8:44 AM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

Pete - Ahhhh. I guess you should have been sitting next to me so you could have received your birthday gift =)

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home