8.04.2006

Wicked Falls.

Yesterday, it was bad for the girls. They both, coincidently, had some nasty falls.

Vanessa apparently was riding one of Jadon's vehicular toy (not meant to ride on) and she fell off and landed on the floor, lip first. She had a nasty cut, which Fiona said, caused some bleeding. It ended up swelling and now she looks like she was in a fight.

Natalie probably had it a little worse. Last night I decided to give both girls a bath at the same time. Usually I give Vanessa a bath first and then Fiona will give Natalie a bath afterwards. Well I ended up taking Vanessa out first, plopped her in her crib, dried her, lotioned her, then put on a diaper. I went back for Natalie, got her out, plopped her in her crib, and dried her. Then I went back to finish off Vanessa by dressing her. As I had diverted my attention, I heard a loud thump on the floor. I was thinking, "What did Natalie throw out of her crib this time? What, in her bed, has enough weight to make that sound?" So I turn my head in her direction. Apparently she had thrown herself out! I saw her laying on the floor (carpeted). I wasn't in too much of a shock maybe just a little disbelief. At that point I didn't find myself to be overwhelmingly consoling. I just shook my head because for some reason I knew that at some point in life, Natalie would pull something like this. So I went over to Natalie and looked at her. She looked in shock, trying to figure out what just happened. She was probably seeing stars at that point. She let out a little cry but surprisingly it didn't last. I picked her up and put her back in bed. It was cute to see her rub the back of her head. Usually I don't put the crib rail up because the girls are still small and it makes it easier for me to bend over the crib and dress the girls. Well it seemed that Natalie was in an extremely rambunctious mood. She was running around in her bed and she has a tendency to throw herself at the rail. Apparently she exerted enough force and weight to fall over. I guess I'll have to start putting up that rail. Don't worry, she turned out to be just fine. She was pretty much right back at it running around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home