11.27.2006

Thanksgiving Reunion.

We didn't celebrate Thanksgiving with a turkey, stuffing, or pumpkin pie but it was definitely special one. For those readers who don't know, I had a falling out with my parents and I haven't seen them for almost 4 years. They have never met there grandkids. My in-laws have always pressured me but it was Fiona's encouragement to reconcile that did it. It was an emotional yet happy reunion. It was great to see my parents and for the kids to see them too. Now hopefully we can put things in the past and just let the healing process begin.

Jadon warmed up to my parents really fast. I prepped him up on how to greet his grandparents in Thai. I showed him to put his hands together and to say "swat-de-krup a-gong (or a-mah)." He said it but forgot the hand gestures. And he gave them a hug and a kiss. Unfortunately he got a little freaked out when their grandfather clock chimed. My dad had to stop the clock. My little scaredy cat. The girls, on the otherhand, took a little time to warm up. Natalie wouldn't let any of her grandparents hold her but Vanessa let grandpa hold her after a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home