6.13.2007

Lasiked.

Haven't been blogging for a bit. I am recuperating from getting my eyes Lasiked. I went to the Siems Lasik Office in Newport Beach and got it done last Friday afternoon. I had attended a consultation about a week prior. My eyes are still a little hazy but it's to be expected (for a while at least). All in all it went well. No need for glasses and no need for contacts. Woohoo! Now I just have to put in all sorts of drops in my eyes for a bit. Right up until the procedure, I was relatively calm. Every now and then I'd get nervous but it would only last for a few seconds. It wasn't until I laid down on one (of two) machines when my heart started pounding. I would say that I was more nervous than when I had my vasectomy (believe it or not!). The doctor used an eye piece to keep my eyes open. That part wasn't as bad as I had imagined. I was thinking along the lines of Clock Work Orange. I was able to use my blinking muscles but my eyes wouldn't close. My heart raced when they were touching my eye ball, lasering, brushing, moving my lens. I was trying really hard to not move at all. I clenched on a big stuffed animal that they supplied me. Then they moved me to the second machine to actually correct my vision. Another heart racing experience. The smell of my eye ball was extremely strong. The smell is similar to that of drilled teeth. The whole procedure took about 20 minutes. Although I was at the facility for nearly 2 hours. After that they gave me Xanax and Valium, within thirty minutes I was in and out of sleep. When I got home (I was dropped off by my dad). I ate a quick dinner, took a quick shower, and I was out for the next 13 hours.

So far I definitely would recommend it for the eye impaired.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Um... okay. It may be nice and all to have corrected vision, but it really sounds like something I want to avoid.

I am glad you can see clearly. And that you're still young enough to need a stuffed animal for comfort. I knew I should've gotten you one for your birthday.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Minnie Pak said...

i got my eyes lasiked back in june 2000. one of the greatest investments i ever made (my eyes were REALLY bad). i haven't had any problems in the last 7 years.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently, you were more nervous about losing your vision than you were about losing your...

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home