4.22.2007

Nintendo Wii'ed!

Earlier last week I got a "tip" (if you want to say) from my friend Steve that Best Buy might be coming in with a shipment of some Nintendo Wiis. So Fiona and I checked it out on Tuesday thinking that they could have some that have arrived early and not advertised until later on. Fiona went in asking one of the sales reps and they said that they might have some but they weren't sure when. They went on to say that most likely it would come in on Sunday and that if they do have some then to come in early (as early as 2:00am). Yeah right! Like I am going to wake up that early. So that wasn't going to be the case for me.

Fast forward to this morning. I was awaken early from this morning by Vanessa who was crying on and off. I checked up on her and apparently she had thrown up in her bed. It was last night's dinner. Red sauce all over her bed and some on her floor. Anyways I ended up checking the Best Buy ad this morning and low-and-behold, Nintendo Wiis being advertised. It was hitting up almost 9:00 am and the store was to open at 10:00 am. I went down, with the urging of Fiona, to the store. I was thinking that it was a long shot but I'd check it out. I arrived there and a line of about 100 people had already formed. As I walked up to the line there was a Best Buy employee that was handing out tickets/vouchers. I asked him if the voucher was a guarantee that I would get one. He said that it was not a guarantee but as long as I stay in line and had the voucher, that I would get one. He went on to say that he was going to be off roaming around and that he had 8 more vouchers left and to let the people who end up walking up behind me to know. I didn't like being assigned as the messenger. Eventually he came back and explained to everyone behind me so my life was safe. At 9:30am they opened their doors early for the people who were going to purchase the console. 20 minutes later I was out the door with a Wii in hand. Not bad as far as the waiting. Now the only thing that we have to decide is do we sell it or play it?

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Play it! It's kick ass! Except, you might be able to make about $80 on it if you sold it now. They won't be in short supply for long... The downside to playing it might be the fact that you'll want more games.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Oh, and I have mine on the way... I just didn't feel like standing in line, so I caught two online in the last couple of days... I was going to call you once I confirmed that they were both on the way.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Wait... I just re-read this... How did you get a voucher if there were already 100 people hanging out?

12:33 AM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

they had 117 Wiis at the Marketplace. I was #109. I would have attempted to have gotten another but they only allow 1 per person per household (and they checked ID).

8:15 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Holy cow! 117?!?!?! I know for a fact that the Metro Pointe store only got 24 in stock. Geez.

Wii it up, baby!

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home