5.23.2007

Boston Celtics Suck.

I have to admit that lately I haven't been as into basketball as I was in the past. And normally I have had some level of interest with anything related to the NBA draft. Although the L.A. Lakers aren't involved in this years lottery I'm still following it because this year's draft is suppose to be pretty good one (namely with potential stars in Greg Oden and Kevin Durrant).

Well last night was the Lottery Ball pick to see which team would pick first (not the actual selection of players). Memphis had the best chance of getting the #1 pick at 25% (due to worst record) followed by Boston with 20%. So the chances of getting one of the top two picks was pretty good. Well as it turned out Memphis got the 4th pick and Boston got the 5th pick. I just laughed hard! I was a huge Laker fan during the 80s and to see Boston (the arch enemy) not get one of the top two picks was hilarious. To see Danny Ainge's (Boston general manager) face was priceless. Don't get me wrong, the Celtics were a great team (during the 80s) and I respect that era but I hate the Celtics.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Yeah, I'm sorry I missed Ainge's face. I couldn't believe that both Memphis AND Boston got bumped from the top 3. That's crazy and statistically pretty difficult. Geez, Oden and Durant in the Northwest (if things go as they are now)? That's weird, especially from an NBA marketing standpoint.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home