5.29.2007

I Wii-turned It!

Yesterday I took my unopened Nintendo Wii Console back to Best Buy. On Sunday, there was a great sermon message about finances and I took it to heart. I figured that I probably wouldn't be playing with it that much anyways (I hardly played with my PS2 in the first place). I could have sold the Wii for a profit but probably not much. So without going through that hassle, I returned it. The customer service rep. seemed somewhat surprised. He kept asking me if there was anything wrong. I just said "nope, I just wanted to return it." I think that I have been as fiscally responsible as I can be by not accumulating unncessary debts (i.e. credit cards). The only loans that we have are the mortgage and car loans; although those are the big expenditures in itself as well as feeding and nurturing three kids. Despite the fact that both sides of parents have aided us whereever they can (which we are forever gratetful), we still seem to be operating beyond our means. So now I have formed my resolve to reprioritize our finances, to make it work even more efficiently by cutting unnecessay expenditures, to make that dramatic turnaround, and to make better financial decisions (past mortgage loans, stock investments, car loans that haven't worked in our favor).

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Good luck. We're trying it, too.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?!?

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home