11.10.2008

Longest Away Yet.

So a few weeks ago my in-laws came back from a 7 week business/vacation/missions trip to China, Hong Kong, and Singapore. A week later they were talking about going to the Grand Canyon and taking Jadon a long. So the plan was to take him this last Friday and go until Tuesday. Jadon had a minimum day on Friday and has Monday off due to Veteran's Day. So he would miss Tuesday and possibly Wednesday school. Well as time was getting near, Fiona's dad saw this great deal for a Hawaii Package during that same time. I guess he figured, might as well spend a little more but a better trip. So off Jadon went with his grandparents to the land of paradise.

This has been the longest that Jadon has been away from us. Not sure how Fiona feels, but I am ok with it so far. Don't get me wrong, we miss the big guy but trimming our kiddie household by 1/3 has it's benefits too (taking one less bath, one less yapper, one less complainer, one less mouth to feed).

2 Comments:

Blogger Minnie Pak said...

Nicholas's "longest away yet" from me is a whopping 1 day, the day that Thomas was born. Thomas's "longest away yet"? Just a fraction of a day. I can't imagine how I would feel if either or both went away with their grandparents. I would miss them like craaaaazy.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

WTF? They took him to HAWAII? Um, aren't you jealous?

Let's see... the longest our kids have been away from us is 1 day for The Girl and a few hours for The Boy.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home