7.02.2005

I've Been Fixed!

Due to the nature of this topic, readers should read at their own discretion.

Yesterday I took a half day off at work to help mentally prepare myself for the procedure that I was about to undertake. Here's how it went:

1:00pm - I took a quick shower because after the procedure I won't be able to do is for the next 24 hours.
1:15pm - I take my valium pill (hour before the appointment) except I don't think it hit me until about 5 hours later. So it was pretty much useless for me.
1:45pm - My coworker picks me up to take me to my doctor's appointment. We could not secure a babysitter so Fiona had to stay home.
2:05pm - I check into the office.
2:20pm - The nurse takes me back into the operating room.
(From here on out I don't know the timing)
-The nurse takes my blood pressure and has me disrobe.
-Few minutes later she comes back and preps me up by shaving my scrotum. (I have not had any woman look at my goods other then my wife; and my mom when I was little). She tapes my wee-wee so it doesn't get in the way.
-After the prep the doctor comes in and injects me with anesthesia. He gives me two nerve shots for each side and then he gives me another shot to numb the skin. It didn't hurt that bad at all. It felt like sharp tiny pinches. Although I was gripping my hand hard to brace the pain. After that, I could not feel a thing. He snips here and he snips there. Then he does some cauterizing of the tubes (seals it up pretty much like a soldering iron). Finally puts a couple of stitches and he's done. The worse pain happened when the doctor untaped me. Ouch. Took off some hair.
-By the time I leave, it's about 3:30pm. The prep time took about half an hour or so and the procedure about 30-40 minutes. It wasn't as bad as I thought (but then again pain threshold and the mindset is different for everybody).

So now that the day has past, how am I feeling so far? Not too bad. If I sit in an awkward position I can feel the stitches stretch which makes it feel like a tiny sharp itchy pain (which is easily remediable by changing positions). It feels like a pressure on your bladder or it can feel like a bruise (which is what I have). I only feel this when I am walking. I should be good in no time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes!

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally got the courage to read this entry.

I have this uneasyness feeling going through me right now *shudder*

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home