7.05.2005

No Pain No Gain.

So after undergoing the dread and pain of a vasectomy, what are some of the other physical pains that I have gone through in life that are just as bad if not worse (please note that I have never been in the hospital for any procedures):

(No particular order)
-When I was 4 years old or so I vaguely remember riding on a skate board with my brother (Paul, I think) and I fell and scraped myself. I just remember that it stung alot.
-Getting a deep cleaning at a dentist a few years ago after not going for 'X' amount of years.
-Getting my wisdom tooth pulled a few weeks after that.
-In the second grade (or third) I was riding my bicycle home from school. I tripped over something and fell on my face. I had a scar right underneath my nose from that which made me look like Hitler.
-My brother, Pete, did a wrestling move on me called the "pile driver" where he hung me upside down and rammed my head on the floor. That not only hurt my head but cut off my air circulation for a minute. That scared the crap out of me.
-My brother, Paul, shot a bb with his sling shot in my arm point blank about 5 feet away. That bastard.
-I remember when I was 8 or so I was running in the house and at the time it was dark. There was a wooden pillar in the middle of the living room. Well I ran into that teeth first. I was bleeding but I didn't lose any teeth from that. It left a dent in the pillar though.
-Running my first hurdles race. Coming around the corner for that stretch run, I tripped on a hurdle and fell hard. I can't remember if I finished that race (I think I did).
-In practice I was running the hurdles and I tripped on a hurdle and slid on the graveled track. It took a good chunk of skin off my right hip. It left a pretty nasty scar which is still there.
-Normally I can handle needles shots but the ones that prick your fingers to check for your sugar level hurts like a buggar.
-A long time ago when I was naive my brother, Pete, was playing around with a chainsaw. He was sticking his finger in the vibrating blades. He told me that it tickled and told me to try. Well I did and it did tickle at first, but then it cut my finger. Luckily it didn't cut it off. That jerk.
-Getting my thumb smacked by Paul's friend, Robert's pick up truck door.
-Getting my finger closed by a door at my friend's house (back in elementary school).
-In the 7th grade I got punched in the gut. It didn't hurt alot but enough to knock the wind out of me.
-Back in my early high school years, Paul's friend/roommate, Ryan, put me in a wrestling move that was just wicked. It was called....chicken split...or banana split....I don't remember, but whatever it was he put me in a position where it was giving me the splits. Fortunately it didn't handicap me from having kids.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure these pains can be considered badges of honor, or if they should be called... life's embarassments.

Besides the wisdom teeth, I haven't done any of these... except for the chain saw one... yeah right.

3:40 PM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

Paul, I am sure that there is more that I could add to that list but I probably have been tortured and tramatized by you, pete, and your buddies so much that I have forgotten some.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home