8.29.2005

All In!

This past Saturday I was invited to a Texas Holdem Poker Tournament hosted by Kelcey. There were 32 participants (I believe). I had a great start taking an early chip lead at my table that lasted for the first 20 minutes or so. Then within the next 5 minutes, I was ousted. I thought that the player I was going up against was bluffing with an Ace showing on the 'flop.' I paired my ten on the 'river' and I went all in. He called and had an Ace in hand. Then the turn card came up with another Ace. I lost three Aces to my two pair (Aces and Tens). Ouch. This has been the third one (fourth if you include playing at a losers' table) that I have been in and in all of them I have crashed and burned. In all of them, I tend to start off really well and then trying to mimick some of the modern day poker heros of Phil Ivey and Gus Hansen, I try to change my play and push for all in. Let's just say I'm a rookie and they're professionals. I am 0-2 when I do that. Both times have led me to sleepless nights thinking what I could have done better. I think that I could do really well in the tournament, I just got to be more patient instead of trying to go for the kill. Oh well, better luck next time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finished 4th =)

The website will be up soon so you can check out your ranking.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home