10.28.2005

Jadonisms as of late.

Two nights ago Fiona's parents came by to pick up Jadon so he can spend the night at their house. I was wishing a goodnight to Jadon and his response was "Goodnight Dad!" Now to the naked ear that sounds normal, but to me I was kind of taken back. My ears focused on the word "Dad" and has resonated over the past two days. What happened to calling me "dadda," "daddy," or even "pops" (as he has been known to even call me)? I told Fiona this and she told me that he has been using "Dad" as in "Where did dad go?" I haven't been expecting this for quite sometime. The kid is growing up fast.

A word that Jadon has started to use a little bit more than usual is "punk." I'll notice his response to a question of mine is "That one over there, punk." or "No like that one, punk." I have to say that's hilarious but I think that Fiona and I will have to stop using that word because I don't want him to say it to other people. That little punk. =)

Last night Jadon said something funny and at the same time left Fiona and I wondering where he learned it from. Fiona was feeding one of the girls upstairs while on the computer. I was downstairs but able to hear what was going on. Jadon had hit his head somehow and Fiona asked him "Jadon, doesn't that hurt?" Jadon responded "Big time." Hilarious....

1 Comments:

Blogger Minnie Pak said...

i always prefer to be called "mama." Then one day my mom came over and kept referring to me as "mommy" so nicholas switched to that (dang!). i tried to get him to say "mama" again but he shortened it to "mom" all by himself. :( i think he heard me call my mom "mom" and he copied me. nicholas also calls ali "dad" but still refers to him as "daddy." DANG.

i liked the punk story a lot.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home