10.07.2005

Predictable...

It doesn't faze me anymore (well maybe just a little). I am no longer surprized, stunned, or shocked. My work, more specifically the CEO of the company I work for, is predictable. Last night I told Fiona that I will shoot to leave work early and try to make it home for lunch. The thing was I put a disclaimer on that saying that I may not make it home, forseeing that my boss, who hasn't been around that often, is probably going to pop in and have a project for me to do. Typically they tend to be some huge-sameday-deadline-rack-your-brain- shoot-myself jobs. Anyways I took my chance this morning and didn't bring my lunch and of course a half an hour ago my boss comes in! So much for leaving early, especially on a Friday (always on a Friday or weekend, never in the beginning of the work week). This projects involves creating a medical data DVD on a particular patient of ours, who will remain nameless, but has featured us on her world renown talk show five years ago. Apparently a few weeks ago, her people contacted us needing her data and now my boss wants to create a dog-and-pony show data disc. Oiy! Time to get back to work....


UPDATE: So it's 4:00pm and I am still freaking here are work waiting for the dang DVD to burn the first version (for review). Sooooo slow! I have to figure out how to record audio narration but that will have to come another day. *smack*

UP-UPDATE: Closing on 5:00pm and this dang DVD is still burning. It has froze a few times since..... sigh. I'm hungry.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you not see Office Space? You're supposed to avoid him at all costs on Fridays!

11:21 AM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

It's funny that you should bring that up. Initially I was not aware of this project. One day my IT director left a message on my voice mail and I kid you not, he sounded like Lumbergh. "Yeah....um...Don...I'm gonna need you to come in either today or maybe next Saturday....um...." I was just busting up. I should have saved that voice mail. It was hilarious. He had the voice and all. As it turns out when I came in to do whatever the IT director wanted me to do, I was ambushed by my CEO and that's when he assigned me to this other project.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home