9.12.2005

Baby Updates, Blue TellyTubby, and A Laker Rumor....

Vanessa & Natalie Updates
Well the girls are sleeping through the night (or at least 8 hours straight). Vanessa still has napping issues. She seems to be on a 45 minute nap cycle. She should be like Natalie in that she naps 2-3 hours without a peep. Yesterday Vanessa woke up from her afternoon nap and she just cried and cried. She sounded like she fell out of her crib. I got her out and gave her to momma and she stopped crying and quickly gave a smile. That little con artist.

Anyways Vanessa seems like she is ready to crawl anytime. She gets in crawl position and rocks back and forth. And when she is ready to move forward she just lunges and falls on to her belly. Not to get into comparison mode, but I recall Jadon transitioning during this phase rather quickly. I noticed that about him in his major milestones. With the girls, it seems like a much slower process. Natalie is no where close to crawling. She seems content on whining and crying until someone picks her up (mainly her momma).

Well last weeks weight in results:
Natalie - 10lbs 9 oz (+4 oz)
Vanessa - 13 lbs 3 oz (-2 oz)

Jadon The Blue TellyTubby
Lately Jadon has insisted to us that he no longer wants to be 'Jadon' and that he wants to be called 'Blue TellyTubby.'

He'll say "Hi dadda!"
And I'll respond back with "Hi Jadon!"
Jadon then says "No more Jadon. Blue Tellytubby!"
So then I'll have to say "Hi Blue Tellytubby!" and then he'll be content.

Yesterday we carried on this type of conversation but I didn't want to call him Blue Tellytubby (just to see what he would do). He started to get frustrated to the point where he looked like he was going to break out into a cry. Sheesh.

So now I call him 'Blue Tellytubby' and I am trying to insist to him that my name is no longer 'dadda' and that I want to be called 'Black Tellytubby.' We'll see how that one goes.

A Laker Rumor....Say It Ain't So.
The latest rumor has it that free agent Latrell Spreewell may sign with the L.A. Lakers. I don't know if I could roll with this one. When the Minnesota Timberwolves offered him a 4 year $40 million extension (a few years ago) and he rejected it because he wanted more and then to say "he has mouths to feed" (referring to his family), I just thought "what a freaking idiot." Then when his production decreased, Minnesota came back with a 3 year $21 million deal and he rejected that one. Now he might sign with the Lakers for $2.5 million per year deal. How ironic that would be.

2 Comments:

Blogger a mindless zombie said...

But at least he didn't say that he need to feed his family =)

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son wanted to be called "Bad Cheetah". I have no idea where that came from.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home