9.22.2005

The Good and the Ugly...

GOING MOBILE

This past Monday, Vanessa has hit a major milestone. She has finally started to crawl. For the longest time she would only prop herself on all fours and lunge forward. She couldn't figure out how to to move her legs and arms with succession. Well now it has clicked and she can do five crawling steps before she flops back onto her belly. She seems to be only motivated to crawl if there is a toy that peaks her interest but I notice that she is even more determined when I use my wedding ring to entice her. As for Natalie, she is no where close to crawling.

DOGGY DILEMMA

This past week has provided Fiona and I a challenge in dealing with Jadon. After we put Jadon for nap or bed, he'll throw his stuffed dog (named "Doggy") out of his crib and cry. We keep telling him to not throw it out but he keeps doing it. On Tuesday night I put him in timeout thinking that it will deter him from doing it but within 30 minutes he threw Doggy out. So we took Doggy away for 10 minutes and Jadon just kept on crying. I gave it back to Jadon and he went to sleep after that, but the next morning he did it again and again during his afternoon nap. Last night he continued the same routine. First I decided to tie Doggy to the crib frame, thinking that if Jadon tried to throw him out, that he could easily retrieve him. That was not the case. As soon as I left, I heard crying. I checked up on him and Doggy was hanging from the crib. So I tied Doggy to Jadon's wrist. No luck there, so I just left him to cry. Fiona and I are guessing that he is just doing it for the attention. So after 20-30 minutes of intense crying, Fiona went into Jadon's room and asked him if he wanted to sleep with Doggy or not. He didn't want his best friend anymore. =( So for the first time since the inception of his canine friend, he did not sleep with him. Could this be an end to this era? Fiona and I couldn't help but feel a little sad and sorry for the little fella. Hopefully it's just a short phase that he is going through.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Doggy. I'm sure Jadon will reconsider and accept him again.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home