3.24.2006

Life's Challenges

I'm bored at work so I am just blogging about life in general and giving some updates. Nowadays, things have been going well in most parts, and boring or stressful in some other parts.

KIDS
I still feel like a kid living in an adults life. It's still strange to discipline my kids. Heck it's still feels weird to think that I actually have kids. But I definitely enjoy them. I love them to bits. If you would have asked me this a year ago, I don't think I would feel this way. That's due to the fact that when I don't have control over newborns, I get frustrated, impatient, snappy. I think that I have come far away from that. I enjoy staying home and not going out. Contrary to what some people think (*cough* Fiona), when I stay home just with the kids and Fiona is out, I actually play with them with the occasional t.v. turned on or surfing the net. It's very amusing to watch Natalie and Vanessa. Vanessa is independent and goes where ever she can. Natalie just follows her around (under the table , in the bedroom, in the hallway, bathroom). Then whatever Vanessa is playing with, Natalie wants to play with it. Natalie will just take the toy from Vanessa's hand. When that happenes Vanessa just cries (as if she had been physically hurt). All the while, I am telling Vanessa "Why are you crying? Take it back from your sister. Fight for your toys." This happens alot. I'm just thinking that Vanessa could just grab the toy back from Natalie's hand and take off.

Jadon has been doing quite well. His potty training is coming along. He hasn't pooped in his diapers in a long long time and he pees every now and then in the potty as well. He's still sensitive but he is such a sweetie. Just about everyday he tells Fiona and I that he likes/loves us and we make sure that we reciprocate that back with the 'I love yous' and hugs and kisses. We are still pursuing pre-preschools for him. We submitted a $100 non-refundable check to one montessori school in Irvine but their monthly charge is around $450 or so. Then there is another school in Tustin (much close to where we live) that we submitted a $200 non-refundable check but the monthly dues are ~$280 but there is no guarentee of admission yet. I can tell this is going to be a strain on the bank account come September.

Natalie has been doing much better. She is on an increase-appetite drug of sorts. We need to get her to want to eat more. She is still a small baby. She's 15 months old and she ways 15 lbs. She's trying to set a record or something. She use to eat a lot months ago but now she eats less then half of what she was taking in. She doesn't look like she is close to walking at all. Supposedly she stands on her own but I have yet to see her do it consistently. She is still getting physical therapy treatment to help her out on her muscle tone. That doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon. She's still whiney but she doesn' t cry as much (I could stand corrected).

Vanessa is doing well. She too is on the appetite increasing drug. She eats more milk then Natalie but she eats less solids. She is around 15 lbs as well. She is such a happy baby and she is just all over the place getting herself in trouble. She pulls night lights from the outlet (she's attempted to pull plugs from the outlet), dumped toys in our shower, pull diaper wipes from the dispensers. She is a tough one to make cry though. Sometimes she'll test me and I'll raise my voice. The closest that I have seen her crying is a stuck out lower lip and face turing red. At night (which comes to my favorite part of the day), there is a routine that I just absolutely adore (other then putting the kids to asleep). While I am filling the tub up with water in preparation for baths, I get Vanessa undressed and let her run around naked. She is sooooooo darn cute. Big head on a disproportionate body. I have taken pictures and video on this but I won't post them on the web or print pictures and hang them up on our walls like some parents that I know.

WORK
Work is....well just work. My company has been in this emergency state for quite sometime and it seems like it will be stuck there as long as certain personnel (will remain unnamed) continue to make the key decisions. People (including myself) have gotten so use to this state of the company going under and finally being put to rest that if this company actually folds, then it will be more a relief (that's sad). I liken this to Will Farrell's character on Austin Powers. He just won't die! At times (like right now), I feel like I could just move on and go on to more challenging things. I got a significant raise over a year ago (1 raise in the past 4 -5years) but I still feel underpaid (as I am sure most people feel). But I don't think I can find a job right off the bat that would pay at a similar range and I don't have the luxury (with a family to feed) to take a pay cut.

FINANCES
Obviously with kids, you know that expenses increase significantly but this is becoming scary. With preschool on the horizon, and medical expenses, it's getting pretty stressful. Plus we are adding life insurance premiums which isn't a lot and it's a definite necessity, but it's an added expense. More outgoing then incoming. Fiona and I are constantly trying to find areas of our lives to reduce costs. But I think we are just about there. I'm thinking that moving is a strong possiblity in the next few years (but every freaking place in southern California is pricey). I am trying to get Fiona to sell stuff on Ebay but she's got too much on her plates with the kids (and I think she is slightly intimidated with how she is going to handle the shipping procedures). Does anybody know of legal-for-sure-way to get more money? Let me know.

Well that is all for now. It's Friday and I am going home! Peace out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home