3.01.2006

A Birthday For The Ages.

I think the celebration of Fiona's birthday went quite well considering that there was only so much one can do when you have three young ones. It was a birthday that I have had on my radar for quite a few months because this one was what I call a "milestone birthday" (I won't mention what type of milestone, but it's a big one). Now Fiona's not the type (and I could be wrong) to want a big fete, so I made it a small affair and compensated in other aspects. We celebrated it by taking Fiona out to her favorite restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory. Luckily the weather had cleared up from the storm earlier (very fortunate). Fiona had the Grilled Skirt Steak (which was quite mouth wateringly scrumptous; a new favorite dish for her, she couldn't help but mention through out the night how good she loved dinner) and I had the Crispy Chicken Costelleta (another savory dish). The kids were relatively well-behaved and just ate what we had. We didn't order any of their signature cheesecakes for dessert, I had that covered at home with the cake that I bought from Hof's Hut. I traveled out some distance to get probably the best chocolate cake that we have had so far. It's called the "Chocolate Wipeout Cake." The chocolate frosting is covered with chocolate chips. It's quite delectable. The cake is huge, it'll probably last us quite some time (we'll probably freeze half of it). Then Fiona opened her gifts. I (and the kiddies) got her Abobe Photoshop Elements 3.0. She really wanted it and had hinted at it months ago. With her new hobby of playing with photos, I thought that this is something she can start out with. We also got her a gift certificate to Burke Williams Spa. She was all over that, looking over the catalog of all of the different treatments, reading it over and over, thinking what's the best combinations to get (I think she was actually starting to get stressed out because she couldn't decide). I am quite pleased that she was happy with the results of her birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home