3.30.2006

Unexpectedly Long Day.

Yesterday was a long day (for me that is) that I had not expected. I already knew that I had to head up to Monterey Park (that's where our mobile unit is currently located) with some engineers to run some tests on the CT scanner but that was at 10:00 am and I didn't plan for it to last terribly long. I was hoping to get home around 2:00pm but boy was I wrong. So I started my day off early as usual. I got into work at 6:00am. Then I left at 9:30 am to pick up the two gentlemen from their hotel (they flew in from Cleveland) and headed to Monterey Park. It took me about an hour or so to get there. We ended up doing testing until 7:00pm! Not only that but I didn't have lunch until 3:00pm (I usually eat lunch at 11:00am because I get an early start). So I was just salivating at the mouth. I got home shortly after 8:00pm. Fiona took the kids down to the Irvine Spectrum and was still out. So I washed up some dishes and bottles, folded up some laundry, and prepped up our night-time-kiddie-bath-routine. At 8:20pm (yes I did all of those chores in 20 minutes!) I get a call from Fiona. She apparently had lost her car keys. So I grabbed the extra set of keys and sped on down to the Spectrum. I was surprised because I thought that I would get flustered over this but my demeanor was mostly calm throughout. I meet up with Fiona by about 8:40 pm. Natalie was in her arms crying, Vanessa was just sitting calmly in her stroller, and Jadon was tailing behind. As I was helping Fiona put the kids in the car, she got a call from mall security saying that they had located the keys. So Fiona took off with the kids while I went to retrieve them. I got home, put the kids to bed, and finally had dinner at about 9:30pm. *yawn* Now I am at work this morning tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home