6.05.2006

A Birthday And A Wedding.

This past weekend we celebrated a birthday and a wedding. My birthday was yesterday (Sunday) but Fiona started the festivities on Saturday (I will leave my age unsaid although I have reached a new decade in my life and it's not after forty ;)). She took me and the kids out for lunch at Knott's Berry Farm Chicken Restaurant. Biscuits.......hmmmm so good. Then for dinner she took us to the Macaroni Grille. Lobster ravioli.......hmmmmmm so delicious. Then for lunch the next day she took us to Island's burgers. One of my favorite burger places. Fries with ranch dressing......hmmmmm so yummy. As you can tell, we're into food big time.

Yesterday evening I attended Swit and Jennifer's wedding (Congratulations!). We couldn't secure a baby sitter to look over the kiddies, so I took Jadon with me and Fiona took care of the girls at home. It was held at the Summit House Restaurant in Fullerton. The ceremony was held outside. Beautifully done, except the heat was a little overbearing (all the shaded spots were taken). The reception was really well done and extremely festive and fun. There were several people that I have not seen for a long time (a lot of them were my parents' friends children who have all grown up). Aside from some instances of being scared of flies and being approached by Swit's 18 month old nephew (and the ring bearer), Jadon just had a ball. He met lots of 'uncles' and 'aunts' but the special one is him seeing his cousin Jessie. Jadon gave her a hug right off the bat. The last time they saw each other was when Jadon was a month old or so. Jessie was the flower girl for the wedding and she looked so cute. She resembles her papa so much. Jadon was on the dance floor showing off his new moves. It was really cute to see him dance with Jessie as well. When it came time to leave, shortly after 9:00pm and way past Jadon's bedtime, he reminded me that we still have chocolate birthday cake at home. On the way home he was yawning and he told me that he wanted to go to sleep when we got home and that he could have the cake some other time. You would think that a kid would be so focus on something such as a sweet cake but he has the understanding that sleep is more important. I just love his thought process. So when I got home, I gave Jadon a bath and put him to sleep. Fiona and I celebrated by having a Dairy Queen Chocolate Ice Cream Cake (not really cake). Hmmmmm yummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home