5.23.2006

Puzzle Time!

Fiona thinks I have been watching t.v. too much to the point of addiction. I think I am just a t.v. enthusiast (mainly ESPN/sports, reruns of Friends, new episodes of Smallville, or reruns of Star Trek: TNG) . Once in a while I'll read if I find a good book. She wants to spend more quality time at night after we put the kids to sleep but what is there to do when it doesn't involve the tube? Well once in a while we'll play a board game (primarily Scrabble or Trivia Pursuit), sometimes we'll take out the poker chips and play Texas Hold 'em (but that can get boring just with the two of us). Sometimes she wants to talk. Well you know how that goes...I'm a guy...enough said. So last week I came up with putting together a puzzle. So Fiona and I have been going to a few places to look for puzzles to work on. We were looking for puzzles that upon completion, we could possible hang up on our wall. Fiona was looking for flowery type of puzzles, I was looking for puzzles that weren't too girly for me. Toys R' Us has an okay selection. Target was a little bit better. We ended up going to South Coast Plaza's Puzzle Zoo and they had a great selection. We both found something that we agreed upon. I am definitely pleased with our selection. It's "Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte" by George Seurat. The painting on Ferris Bueller's Day Off (the scene where Cameron was staring at the painting). When I went to Chicago to visit Paul years ago (oh my gosh it's been 8 years since!) , I saw that painting when I went to the Art Institute of Chicago. Anyways I'm looking forward to spending time with my babe and working on it. It should be lots of fun.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, I was always wondering what the name of that painting was.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Minnie Pak said...

Ali and I haven't opened up the puzzles that the kids and I got him for his birthday (March) yet. We got him a box of 10 Thomas Kincaid puzzles from Toys R Us. I'm looking forward to assmebling them, but after all the season finales on TV are over!! Haha. Tonight is the big Lost finale. I can't wait!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home