6.15.2006

Measuring the Consequences.

Last night, Fiona was reiterating to me a conversation that she had with Jadon. He was getting into some trouble and this is how the conversation went:

Fiona: Jadon, do I have to put you in timeout?
Jadon: Which corner?
Fiona: I don't know, I haven't thought about it. What about the one next to the vacuum?
Jadon (quickly responds): No! (-he despises the vacuum, cries like a baby when I turn it on)

That's the next step in the evolutionary process of measuring out what Jadon can tolerate when it comes to being punished. It makes me wonder what corners he would tolerate. We don't put him in many timeouts. I have used a corner in our master bedroom. I've used one in his room and one in the downstair's bathroom. None of them he tolerates at all.

Talking about timeouts, Jadon hates Rainforest Cafe. Ever since the baboon experience, he doesn't want to go near there again. I asked him if it was okay if I went and that he didn't have to go. He doesn't want me to go (or his momma). Anyways I have jokingly incorporated Rainforest Cafe into his timeouts. When he doesn't listen to me, I'll say "Jadon, if you don't listen to me then put you in timeout at Rainforest Cafe." That works really well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see it now...
"That's it, dammit! We're going to Rainforest Cafe right now unless you clean up your act!'
hahaha

9:12 AM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

I hope your picking up some pointers because you'll probably be going through this soon enough!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home