6.26.2006

Persistently Mental Girls.

The girls have each developed mental habits that are either making smack my forehead or getting me a little frustrated.

Vanessa has gotten in the habit of taking off her shirt sometime after she has been put to bed. It started last week where when I got her up in the morning, she had her shirt off. Then throughout the week Fiona mentioned that she does it every morning and even one time caught both girls without their shirts. At least though they don't cry from freezing their little butts off. The last straw was a few nights ago. I had already put Vanessa to sleep. Fiona was putting Natalie to sleep and when she went into the girls' room, Vanessa was crying handing her shirt to Fiona. That's when I smacked my forehead. We ended up putting a onesie (shirt that has buttons on the bottom) on her. Case closed...for now.

Another more frequently occuring habit is that both girls are climbing on the couch. I wouldn't have a problem with that except that the girls arent quite stable as far as climbing off of it. Heck they don't even go down the stairs yet. Yesterday Natalie tried to go down a step walking down. The results were pitiful. She slipped, twirled, and landed on her head (on the floor). Luckily she was only on the first step and luckily there was a bag to break her fall. So I have told the girls that they aren't big and old enough to do that yet. They don't seem to get it through their heads because they keep doing it. I scolded them and the would just cry. As soon as I go upstairs or there is no adults to watch them, they'd go ahead and climb on the couch again. I'd come downstair and I'd catch them and scold them some more. They would cry and a few minutes later they would try climbing up again. Quite frustrating.

2 Comments:

Blogger Minnie Pak said...

can you teach the girls how to roll over on their bellies and then climb down themselves? thomas, although much older than your girls, climbed up easily but would get stuck. i would roll him over on his tummy and then let his feet dangle over the edge and let gravity pull him down. now he can make it up and down himself. however, i still have to watch him because he tends to stand on the couch and with our hard tiled floor, it's just a disaster waiting to happen.

i love the shirt-taking-off story. frustrating for you but funny to me! ;)

7:37 AM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

My wife and I show the girls how to turn on their bellies and they'll do it. It's just Natalie will sit on the couch and bounce up and down. I'm just afraid that she'll end up bouncing right off and fall. She still has coordination issues. Once in a while she'll be standing and she'll just fall and hit her head. At the same time I am trying to tell myself to not get frustrated and to just tell them to get down (without raising my voice). Then perhaps over time I'll get use to them getting on and off the couch and be fine with it.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home