8.17.2006

A Buzzing Night

Lastnight, Fiona and I went out to dinner alone! The last time we did that was back in April. Fiona's mom was originally supposed to watch the kids after they went to bed but she couldn't due to illness. So we made a made dash effort and was able to secure Angeline & Elliot to watch over them. Fiona applied for this paid-solo-restaurant-critique. They provide you with a $75 allowance and then pay you $5 for a 50 question evaluation. It was pretty much covering the service and cleanliness of the restaurant. We went to the Karl Strauss Brewery in Costa Mesa. The service was great and fast. Although we were there for about an hour and twenty minutes, at times we felt a little rushed. The food was good. We were required to get one beer. Fiona opted to get their 'Taster 6' which was a sampling of 6 of their specialty beers. They poored each one into a 5 oz glass. Now I'm not an alcohol drinker and when they brought out the 6 glasses, I was thinking that we were not going to come close to finishing even half of the amount. I asked Fiona why she ordered it and apparently she thought that the beers came in shot glasses. She ended up sipping 4 of them. I probably ended up drinking a little more then a glass worth but I quickly found out that I can't hold my liquor. My face lights up red when I drink any type of alcohol (which would make it impossible for me to lie if I said I didn't drink). I can't seem to acquire the taste of beer. It's just not my thing and I don't think it will ever be. I'm not too fond of the intoxication and I seem to get nauseated at the taste of alcohol. I ended up with a buzz during my meal. So Fiona was the designated driver for the drive on home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you would have driven home, Jadon would have taken away your abezy Radio Flyer.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home