8.14.2006

Three Day Weekend

I took last Friday off so Fiona, the kids, and I can go to the beach. We almost called it off because Jadon was (and still is) sick. He's developed a cough and runny nose. We figured that the fresh air would help his congestion. He ended up not coughing for the duration at the beach. As for the girls, it was their first time on the beach. We dressed them up in their bathing suits. Natalie was the bravest out of all the kiddies. She didn't cry one bit (a little whining). Vanessa was just freaking out. She would't let us put her down at all. What a little scaredy cat! It wasn't until Fiona brought out some snacks to eat that she would stop crying. Jadon was a little scared at first. He would want his hand to be held but after a while he wanted to go out on his own. We ended up getting home way after the kiddies naptime, so we decided to keep them up through the evening and put them to bed earlier.

On Saturday, I took Jadon to his all sport class session. Fiona and the girls accompanied us this time. This weeks sports was T-ball. I don't think that Jadon has a knack for t-ball whatsoever. They started off with batting practice. The kids would hit the ball off orange cones. Jadon would just swing at it the ball but most of the time he would hit below it and hit the cone thus causing the ball to fall off. Plus when he's swinging, he doesn't look at the ball. He's usually looking at someone (or something) else. Next up was throwing. The teacher was showing how to throw the ball. They told the kids to raise their throwing hand way back behind their head and with the other hand, to point straight at their parents, and throw the ball in the direction they were pointing at. Well Jadon wasn't pointing with his hand extended. He got lazy. Then he wouldn't throw it towards me. He would be throwing it in the opposite direction and just start laughing. The next thing that the kids had to do was learn how to catch. No success there. Jadon doesn't follow the ball at all. At one point he got frustrated and didn't want to play anymore. The last thing the teachers had the kids do was base running. Jadon did well at that. I didn't even have to run with him. Next up for next week's session: soccer.

Yesterday was devoted to doing house chores. I got into one of my rare cleaning moods. As soon as the kids got up, I just went right into it. I ended up doing everyone's laundry (4 loads), I decided to vacuum the house, clean the kids' floor mats, clean and scrub the bathroom sinks and counters, I even cleaned the toilets too! That was ontop of the normal daily chores that I already do too. Man I should be a stay at home dad. Fiona should go work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home