9.12.2006

Surgery Has Been Scheduled.

I had an orthopedic appointment to day. The doctor knew exactly how the injury occured. I had written on my questionairre that I had hurt my ankle playing basketball and he guessed the rest. That makes me feel more comfortable with his experience and expertise. So I have surgery scheduled at noon tomorrow. I have to arrive two hours early, the procedure takes an hour, then an hour to wake up, and then another hour to go over the recovery process. This will be my first of this type (besides a vasectomy). And it will be the first time going under anesthesia. I can't say that I am not a little scared. It's something that I have a slight dread over. So until after the procedure......

ADDENDUM: I have to fast for the procedure so no food or drink after midnight. My surgery time is 12:00pm. I probably won't get home until 3:00pm or so. That's 15 hours at the very least! Doh!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's fast. Good luck. Any timetable for when is the earliest you might be able to play ball again?

4:41 PM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

I am thinking that I will be put on the IR for the remainder of the season and then some.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Minnie Pak said...

good luck with the surgery! i'll say an extra prayer for you tonight. :)

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the surgery went well. I can't believe you got that scheduled so fast. I'm still waiting for info about my surgery and I tore my ACL about 5 weeks ago! I guess when I told them that I didn't want to get the surgery until October, it kinda put my case on the back burner. Oh well, good luck and maybe we can rehab together! HAhaaa...

10:40 PM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

Rehabbing with you Sunny?!?! What, so I can suffer another curse from you? Forget it. You'll probably sabotage my recovery by pulling my crutches from under me or kicking my ankle just so you can get ahead.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home