9.07.2006

Basketball Night: Game 2

Tonight was our second game of our basketball game and it wasn't pretty. I think I have inherited the curse of Sunny. I replaced him on the roster because he had torn his ACL. Well in tonight's game it didn't take me long to go down. If you recall the pain that I felt after the first game? Well apparently it got worse. I let it rest throughout the week and it was a tinge bit sore but I figure that I could play right through it. Within the first minute of the game it suddenly went bad. I had just taken the first shot (missed). I didn't land on it awkwardly or anything. I heard and felt a pop. At first I thought that a rogue ball had hit my right ankle so I looked down for it and I didn't see anything in the vicinity. Then I thought maybe someone ran into my leg. No body was even near me. Then I started to jog it off and that was when I thought that the pop was from my ankle. My feet felt like it was on uneven ground. I took myself out of the game with my teammates looking befuddled. I could barely put pressure on my ankle. It just got worse and worse as time went on. Luckily Fiona (and the kids) came with me because she ended up driving home. I was able to call some people, one of them was my ex-coworker who is managing a Medical Imaging place. So he's going to try to get me in for either an x-ray or MRI. The good thing is that it will be all insurance and nothing out of pocket. Fiona thinks that it's a grade 2 sprain ankle. Hopefully it's nothing too bad and would just require rest. This sucks. I'll keep you all posted.

(Hey Sunny, if you read this, there is a small possiblity that I might not be able to make it to your wedding. I'll try really hard though)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home