9.08.2006

Achilles....Torn.

I got in an MRI this afternoon and I got the worse of news. My Achilles is torn. From the sounds of things it's pretty bad too. My friend/ex-coworker was able to get me in, insurance only, on short notice. There was a Radiologist who happened to be present and he looked at the results and gave me an initial overview. He said it most likely will require surgery! Oiy! I am not only in shock but I am bummed. So now I have to find an Orthopedist and schedule an appointment. I am definitely not looking forward to the surgery and the rehabilitation. I have never had an injury of this magnitude. The only surgery that I have ever had was a vasectomy. I asked the doctor if I can still drive and he said "Sure! Do you know how to drive with your left foot?" I thought he was kidding but he was dead serious. I guess I will have to practice this weekend. Plus I am bummed because I will miss out on Sunny & Marilyn's wedding day. Jadon will be bummed as well. -Sigh-

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

That freakin' sucks! I'll check with the people I used to work with at UCI about a rehab place... One of my former co-workers has a wife who owns a physical therapy clinic in Anaheim and works with the Angels, Lindsey Davenport, and other athletes...

9:19 PM  
Blogger Minnie Pak said...

Duuuuuuude, OUCH!!!! Your blog kinda made my stomach turn. So sorry to hear of your injury. I am bummed for you, too.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home